Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Almost done my socks!

I'm almost finished my first pair of socks and it seemed like a great reason to blog~


I have been working on them forever, and ever, and ever. I don't remember exactly when I started them but I'm fairly confident it was sometime last March...maybe February. I obvsiouly haven't been consistent with them but am thrilled to get them done (once I figure out how to do the kitchner stitch or a friend that sew them for me...any takers??)! The other highlight of my week was hanging up a shelf successfully! I can put in hardwood floors, install oven coils, put in counter tops but when I comes to hanging up shelves or curtain rods, I sometimes have the hardest time! I wanted to put a shelf in my room because I have "special" stuff that I needed a place for. The basket I got from Laura, the wool for my birthday, the spoon in the button jar from Beth, (it says "He who promised is faithful") the buttons from Gwenna, the bird holder from my mom and the other stuff is from random places. I know it's only a shelf but I had a hard time going to bed last night because I was looking at it and was so excited to have it up there! Here are a few pics:







No comments:

Post a Comment