Thursday, June 24, 2010

Not even a sparrow...

While I was away at home in Canada, a sparrow came and built a nest in one of my hanging pots. Since my roommates didn't water the plants the entire month while I was gone, the sparrow went unnoticed. It wasn't until I went to see if I could revive the plant with water that I noticed the baby sparrow inside. I was so excited to know that although my plant had almost died, it was still being used to protect the little baby. A few days ago I went out to see how the baby was doing and much to my saddness, it had passed away. I didn't touch it or get very close to it so I don't think I was reason for it's death but I was still sad to know that the little sparrow didn't make it. I have always been very sensative to animals so in my saddness I told my roommates but they didn't really share my sediments for the unborn bird. I was wondering if it was silly for me to be sad about a wild sparrow but I was reminded yet again that not even a sparrow falls to the ground without God noticing. This was the inspiration for my rug, which I design and have had so much fun making! Here's a picture of it...
This past Saturday I was at Rose Path working on this rug when I got a call from my boss saying that unless I moved to Florida, I was going to lose my job. I had a week to make the decision about whether I would accept the position they were offering me, but since I love living here in East Texas, I decided to decline the offer. I told a few people about my situation so they could pray for me and it's the best way to explain the peace I have right now. I know that God is leading me and I'm excited about a new chapter in my life. I didn't cry or get overwhelmed and I know it's because He's had me reflecting on His Word from Matthew 6:19-34. He knows my every step and just as He's aware of the sparrow who passed away in my flower pot, He's even more aware of me and my life.



3 comments:

  1. Your rug is looking beautiful!!!

    We're praying for you and look forward to see what God has in store for this next season in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your saddness and the death of the tiny sparrow...I struggle with daeth too. I know that to everything there is purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing strange about being sad to see an animal die. animals are such beautiful creations and it's never easy to see one die. unless it's a snake of course!

    ReplyDelete